Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Anthropologie Reviews: Empress Dress, Coquillage Dress, Whitby Blazer and others

So many markdowns this week! Anthro is really trying to clear some of the summer stuff out and although some prices are pretty rock bottom I'm trying to resist stocking up for next summer. Must focus on the season at hand! I'm really excited to try on some of the gorgeous winter cocktail dresses but this time I mostly focused on some sale stuff. Here's what I found:

Escape Dress (size 6)
So fun and cha cha! I usually have to size up in Tracy Reese but the size 6 was too big. I might even be able to go with my normal size. The colors are so beautiful and I love the beautiful panel at the waist. I also appreciate that is a bit more modest than some other summer offerings. 

 Empress Dress (size 2)
 Me oh my am I sucker for bright blue. Cannot stay away from it! This little dress is adorable and quite flattering. The empire waist nips in at just the right point and the pleating is nice for covering a little belly but not too overdone. It definitely runs a little bit small in the top. There is not tons of room to move but all I need to do is lift a cocktail in this dress anyway ;) Length is perfect for 5'4" me.

Coquillage Dress (size M)


 This is way too revealing for someone my age but there is something intriguing about it. You would definitely need to wear a full slip underneath (which I am way too lazy for). This is a size Medium which is 2 up from my normal size and I don't think I could take any smaller. The crochet detail at the top is so beautiful. I guess this is a summer dress but I always feel a bit strange wearing a sweater dress in the summer.

 Canela Panel Skirt (size S?)
 Random sale find. The print is so beautiful, which is no surprise coming from Tracy Reese. I generally don't do elastic waist skirts because they don't do me any favors.

 Whitby Blazer (size 2) in Purple
 So Anthropologie! I think I have at least one other blazer like this. The color is unusual - sort of a purply mauvey color. TTS. I like the tuxedo lapels and the length on this one. Feels very laid back. I find that this material gets really wrinkly really fast...

 Katrine Peplum Top (XS)


This top is so gorgeous but really short-waisted. Usually this is no problem for me since I am quite short-waisted but I don't think it entirely works with this top. I LOVE the eyelash lace on the shoulders - so beautiful - but something is unflattering. I really only like it with the belt but I want it to work so badly. Maybe if there was lace frou-frou at the peplum? I don't know. Anyone else have fit problems with this top?

French Stripe Column Dress (size S)


Bailey 44. It's all variations on a theme but they really are magical dresses. I was on the fence with this one because the lighter colors are definitely more revealing and the neckline looks a little 80's/90's to me. I do like the longer length (I own a different iteration that is above the knee) and of course the fit. These dresses are a great sale find because you can pretty much wear any size (I own a S in the other dress and a medium in a short-sleeved style). What do you think of this one?

I'm assuming the crazy sale season might be winding down until Black Friday but perhaps I'm wrong. I can hardly keep up these days!

1 comment:

  1. I just got the French Column Dress. I'm curvy and it's a nice sexy dress that is forgiving.

    ReplyDelete