Sunday, February 17, 2013

J. Crew Review - some new arrivals!

My store is not exactly first to get new arrivals but I did spot a few things. I have to say, I was overall a little underwhelmed by this rollout. There was nothing I had to try on. Plus all the cute patterned shorts have 3 inch inseams and that is definitely a no go for me!

Tippi Sweater (XS) in Heather Turquoise
Of course the Tippi Sweater is not new but this color was new to me. They had a bunch of them sitting on a table in different heathered hues. I love the color. Something about the "heather" makes it look more springy and casual too. Really lovely. 

I forget the name of stripe shirt... 
I totally blanked on what this is called and of course with it being $24.99 and 40% of right now, it is gone. Anyway - very cute striped shirt and I liked the colors. I'm really trying to wean myself off of stripes, hard as that may be. 

Merino Colorblock Cardigan (S) in Grey Mint
I love the contrast of the neon - it's really eye-catching. The fit is a little dumpy on me. Granted this is a size up from my usual XS but the neckline is a bit too high for me taste. I'm still intrigued by the lightweight merino cardigan with neon trim but that wasn't available in my store. Great idea, not the right shape for my body.

Chambray Shirtdress (size 2)
I'm shocked that this is only available in size 00 online! It is much cuter than I expected but it is uber short - and this is coming from someone who loves short dresses! The shirttail hem is adorable and the dress skims the body nicely. I think I wore too much chambray in the 80's so it's hard to go back to this. I would like another 2 inches on the length. Cute though.

Cashmere Snood (Black) on sale for $99.99 
Adorable and very soft. You know what I finally figured out? I prefer infinity scarves to snoods. I love having two loops around my neck. Snoods are harder to style and get to lay right on top of your body. 

I have some more coming tomorrow. Good luck with the 40% off sale!



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the reviews! I love the colour of the heather turquoise, I will have to look out for it the next time I visit a store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that color Tippi too. Love it. Couldn't wait for spring to wear it though. lol

    ReplyDelete