Monday, February 25, 2013

J. Crew Review - More New Arrivals!

New arrivals hit my store - and they are cute! There is so much liberty print to be had - I think everyone can find at least a piece that works for them. Here's what I tried:

Silk Collar Tee  (XS) in Heather Fog
I am really not into this type of thing at all and merely tried it on for the blog but... it's so cute! The shirt is made of an almost sweatshirt-like material. Sort of a thickish knit. There is a zipper of the back and the shirt is shaped very nicely. I believe it came in another color way as well. Adorable and flattering!

 Adorable. I didn't think I'd like such a muted liberty print but it is really pretty and understated. I can see it going with a lot. My usual size 2 felt slightly snug (snugger than the size 2 Tresco Floral) but that could have been a discrepancy with this particular shirt because I tried on the size 4 later and it was clearly too big.


 Liberty Perfect Shirt in Lodden Paisley (size 4)
You can see the vibrancy of the print in this picture more. The size 4 is way too big. I like the length on these new liberty shirts - perfect for untucked over skinny pants or tucked into pencil skirts.



I have to say, J Crew really did something right when they created the matchstick jean. These fit beautifully - no gap at the waist, slim but not skinny. I believe they were on sale for around $79.99 but can't say for sure. The only reason I did not purchase them is because of the whiskering at the hips - I felt like it visually widened me.

This felt like it ran big but it might just be because I've lost some weight lately. I think I might now be between a 0 and 2 in pencil skirts. Anyway - the eyelet is really substancial, quite thick, slightly stiff. It's very pretty though. I don't always like the way J. Crew does eyelet but I think this is nice. I believe this was navy but it's a really really dark navy. See a close-up of the material below.


Ponte Swing Dress (size 2) in black
This is a very sweet little dress - and incredibly comfortable. The dress almost had a stretchy, sweatshirt feel. It isn't a thick ponte (which is disappointing for $128). Very flattering fit and flare shape. The waist falls just at the right place and the flare is enough to give movement without being too "fluffy".

Anyone else checking out some new arrivals? What are you favorites?


8 comments:

  1. Oh me! Oh my! Thanks for sharing the peter pan shirt - its adorable. Might be on my wishlist now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so cute! It's usually not my thing but I think it's quite flattering.

      Delete
  2. I really like the Ponte Dress. I hope they add more colors. I'm not crazy about the current options. Thanks for all the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very flattering and comfortable and I completely agree with you on the colors. I would go for the navy but I already have about 4 navy dreses...

      Delete
  3. I don't like whiskering either. Good job to pass, even with the 30% off. I like this Peter Pan top, too. It looks like the long sleeve one from fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support! I do find myself waivering when I feel like I'm getting a bargain - but it's not a bargain if you don't wear it!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the reviews! Did you find the Peter Pan tee tts, or would you suggest sizing down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely don't size down. If anything it's pretty snug but not enough to size up. Just form fitting.

      Delete