Saturday, June 30, 2012

J Crew and Banana Republic Reviews - Trina Turk

I LOVE Trina Turk. Her prints are so cherry and whimsical. I have the most gorgeous silk dress that I got on sale at Nordstrom last year. Her clothes fit well and are always unique, so, I was super excited about her collaboration with Banana Republic. Stores are pretty cleared out of her apparel but I found a few things to try on the other day.

Trina Turk Pisces Top in Pisces Print Warm Com (size 0 or 2)

It's very cute and the fit is pretty nice. I did find that it was a little tight on the hips. My problem is that I just cannot see wearing this anywhere but a beach town. It feels so Florida beachy and I just can't see it fitting into my "New England" lifestyle.

Trina Turk Crazy Botanical Top (size 2) 
This top is way too boxy for me. The silk is delightful and I think the price point is right but not a flattering shape.

Now on to a few more J Crew sale reviews!
The recent promotion and low in-store prices have sort of reignited my love affair with J Crew. I've missed you old friend and I'm happy to go back to you for a few classic wardrobe staples.

I went up a size because the linen is so see through. What bothered me is that the main color is like a dingewater tan. Literally looks like dirty bath water. Plus, how practical is a see through baseball shirt? I don't think I could be bothered to wear a camisole underneath.

 Colorblock-stripe Henley (XS) in navy bright cobalt
Cute, slightly snug, way too booby. Woah. Again, cannot be bothered with a camisole under a standard tee. I like the colors of the other colorway better. Could it be that I'm getting striped out?

Tippi Sweater in Linen in Brilliant Purple (XS)
Ah.... love it. Love the color, the slight slouchiness, the linen. I LOVE linen knits in summer. So comfy and perfect.

Glad to drink a little Crewlade these days. No one does sweaters and pencil skirts like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment