Thursday, June 14, 2012

Anthropologie - a Scattered Heartsease and others

Some random reviews that I have been meaning to post. Without further ado...

Brimming Borders Mini-Dress (size 2)

I think the picture speaks for itself. I'm finding that Leifnotes fits even larger than Leifsdottir (although sometimes Leifsdottir runs really small too - I can't seem to get it right!). This looks great in the model shot so hers must have been tailored down - it doesn't look as billowy. I love a good little blousey dress but this was frumptastic. Interesting patterns but looks like a demented muumuu on.



The fit on this is lovely and great to throw on over jeans but the print was a bit too spastic for me. I had read the reviews that said the colors were neon and they were not lying. Swing but a miss.


Upstaged Tee (XS)



I've tried this one on before and didn't give it a second thought until I read all of Roxy's favorable reviews of it over on Effortless Anthropologie. I'm still on the fence but tune in tomorrow when I pair it with the Scully Skirt for success!

Scattered Heartsease Blouse (size 2)
OMG I LOVE THIS PRINT. I do not love the style though. Too much. And the little leather straps are adorable but a bit too S&M something for me. Sigh. Not too much of a difference between the 2 and 4. I probably would have taken the 2.

Scattered Heartsease Skirt (size 4)

I thought I'd try with the skirt instead. Hmm. As I get older I find I am way more comfortable with short and straight rather than short and schoolgirly. This made me feel like a funky figure skater and not in a good way. The size 4 felt pretty generous so I might size down to a 2 but then the skirt would be even shorter.

Are you ever disappointed when you love a print so much but the style just doesn't work?

1 comment:

  1. I am eerily drawn to the Scattered Heartsease pieces... I only own one Leifsdottir item, bought on third cut, but I adore it (even though I rarely wear it). If either of these makes it to a second/third cut around $50, I might bite. I'm short and flat-chested, so maybe it will fit differently on me (wishful thinking).

    I really like the Ink-Drenched Tee on you! I get the print issue, though. I personally would take a chance on the print but the style doesn't work as well for me, drawing attention to my very straight hips and not helping to create curves.

    ReplyDelete