Saturday, June 16, 2012

Anthropologie Review - Askew Ikat Shift

I loved this whole collection by Lousada Heyhoe. The prints were so rich and the pieces beautifully made. This dress has a full slip underneath and even little bra strap holders. I was happy to see this reappear on the sale rack. That being said, it does eerily resemble a hospital gown in some ways. I'm drawn to the easy breeziness of it but am not sure of how to style it or if it looks flattering. LOVE the silk. If I did not have a small child I think I would wear silk every day. Delicious.

Askew Ikat Shift (XS)



styled with old Anthropologie gold skinny belt




with the Lemniscate Belt

I love these shoes with it! A complementary shade of pink in an awesome 70's platform.


If I could get the dress shortened I think it would be a no-brainer for me but the pattern forbids it. I wouldn't want to trim off the border of the pattern but I think if the dress was shorted it would look better. I remember this one being tight in the hips when I tried it on for the first time but it didn't feel snug this time. Many reviewers have complained about that part of it.

Anyone own this dress? Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment