Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Banana Republic Mad Men Lace Dress

Banana Republic's Mad Men collection has been generating some buzz so I thought I should check it out. The collection seems to be geared to those of us with more curves and that is definitely a good thing for me. I love a lace dress (hello lace blouson dress that I am still agonizing over after trying it on HERE) and was intrigued after seeing the BR Lace Dress on Rose at 1 more Shopping Blog HERE . Although I think the dress is basically flattering it was a definite no go. The cream lace version that I tried on had a golden/metallic thing going on that made it look cheap. Plus the entire dress is lined in t-shirt material - which although super comfortable makes it seem a bit less dressy. The size 2 was a little snug but not indecently so.

Banana Republic Mad Men Collection Lace Dress Size 4:




Size 2:



I don't know what it was but all I could think of was Winona Ryder and the 90's. I swear she wore a dress like this in one of her films.  

The last picture is just for comic relief. Talk about 80's! I am doing my best 80's flashdance pose. It is a sweatshirt dress that I cannot find online. Poufy sleeves, drawstring waist. Oh my Jennifer Beals...

Anyone found some BR must-haves for fall?

1 comment:

  1. There are a couple of jackets I like and which I blogged about already. Also loved that same dress in black. It fitted perfectly on me, for a change. I have a hard time finding dresses that fit me well.

    BTW, I don't see the Followers option being enabled yet.

    ReplyDelete