Sunday, August 28, 2011

H & M 60's inspired Dress

I have not visited H & M in forever but was inspired by Gigi's Gone Shopping in this post. Who can possibly resist a cute little 60's inspired shift in an adorable print? I'm also a sucker for gold buttons and just a touch of frill at the neckline so I had to go check it out.

Well, this dress does not disappoint. It is really quite lovely for $39.95. The print is great and will go with a lot of different things although I mostly see wearing this dress with some brown boots and thick, nubby tights. I ended up buying a size 6 even though I liked the width of the 4 better. The dress is straight up polyester and there is absolutely no give. I didn't feel comfortable with arm/back movement in the 4. I'm really glad I bought this dress when I did as it seems to be selling out in a lot of sizes. It also comes in navy. Plus, it will make a great travel dress - polyester doesn't wrinkle when it's this thick!

I did splurge and take it to the tailor to be taken in on the sides a bit. I'll post a pic of that when I get it back.



Excuse the pants around the ankles - I was tired!

Looking forward to some more fall pieces to arrive from H&M. There is an adorable Horse Print Tunic (pictured below right) that I can't wait to try on.

hmprod.jpg


Anyone else find some goodies at H&M this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment