Sunday, September 13, 2015

Banana Republic Reviews: I'm loving BR!

I have a bunch of backlogged BR Reviews. I have not shopped there in YEARS but man oh man have they changed. I am really loving their clothes for work - nice modern silhouettes in simple basic colors. The fit has been good too. Anyway, here are some quickies and more to come!

Ikat Soft Short (XS)
These are currently sold out but I bet they'll pop back at some point. They are super cute and mucho comfortable - sort of like pajama bottoms. I thought they were flattering and a good length and I liked the pattern. I didn't love the material - it was a bit too poly for me but I'm picky about that at times. These Joie silk ones are to die for. Love the muted blue and the fact that they are silk!

 Shirred Knit Tank Dress (S)
I would definitely need the XS on top but this dress is adorable. The fabric is soft and stretchy and I loved this particular shade of grey. There seem to be a lot of these drapey top tight skirt dresses out there right now but I particularly liked the way the top of this draped. The tulip shape in the front is a nice detail. This style seems to be popular right now. Loving it in the form of the Westwood dress and Athleta and their Tulip Dress which has a more modest neckline. I reviewed both of these here. The Lou & Grey line also has some similarly shaped dresses. Love the Blouson Tank Dress and the Blouson Tee Dress (review upcoming) and the short-sleeved Blouson Tee Dress (review also upcoming).

 Heathered Faux-Wrap Dress (XS)
Yup. My likey. I felt like this really flattered my body and yet wasn't too sexy sexy. This also comes in a red and teal color and a stripe version and they are all on super sale right now!
I feel good in this. Sexy dress x pajamas = yummy goodness. Plus I bought this in store for about $24. Yippee. 

Eyelet Cropped Top (XS)

This picture is not super exciting but I think this is a great little top for just layering over a cami or something more significant. Come fall I really love layering short over long and I think I'll get a lot of use out of this. I also ordered the blush color but I thought it looked a little cheap. Black hides a lot of flaws :). Also want to check out this lace version at BR. Great price on sale and looks very promising. Love the details on the edges. This Free People version is adorable and on sale for $19.95.

Art Nouveau Crystal Necklace
This necklace is a great piece of costume jewelry. I would have kept it but I already have something pretty similar from the Crew and I don't wear it that often because I feel self conscious wearing major bling at a pretty understated work place :) It's great though and again on sale plus 40% off so check it out.
I've really been looking for a layered necklace and am interested in checking this one out. I also really like the look of this Vince Camuto one. So delicate and simple. I've never tried F21's jewelry but for around $8 I might have to give this one a try. This layered one seems like perfection. I like the stones they chose.

BR. So impressed. I've got some more goodies upcoming. Have a good rest of the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. The wrap dress looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's super comfy and flattering. Definitely helps give me back the waist I lost after 2 kids :)

      Delete