Friday, August 21, 2015

Athleta Reviews: Tulip Stripe Dress, Westwood Dress and Salinas Sweatshirt Dress

Some of the prices are lower than I have ever seen them on Athleta's website right now. Their stuff is so cute but I'm not exactly going to the gym every single day and living the "active" lifestyle so sometimes I feel a bit silly in their clothes. Love their workout gear. I've been wearing the connect capri for like 2 years and they still basically look brand new. The other pair I have are so soft and I was actually able to wear them throughout my entire pregnancy by just pushing them below my belly a bit. I've been wearing a Lululemon tank for several years as well (boo I don't think they make it anymore) but this one (on sale!) caught my eye as a good and simple replacement.

Anyway, active wear as going out wear is a bit of a challenge for me but I like the idea. Here are some recent finds:

Tulip Stripe Dress (XS)
 The stripes are so cute and the material is soft but thick. I'm not sure how I feel about all this ruching down below. I sort of wish it went all the way around - I could use it on my bum more. I think for a straighter figure this dress is absolutely adorable. Length is perfect and armholes fully cover my bra!

 Westwood Dress (XS)
 This is my favorite. I like the grey but thick I prefer the taupe version even more. It is SUPER soft and so comfy and fairly sexy for a little stretchy dress. I would probably do a little spanx underneath just to hide the lump and bump factor. Love the gently drape at the neckline and that the top is a bit breezy and the skirt is quite fitted.

 Salinas Sweatshirt Dress (XS)
 My husband thought this looked like "a bag" but I like it. Again, SOFT SOFT SOFT. Makes me realize how much I crave nice soft comfortable pieces. The color is also a beautiful dark mauve. The skirt fits perfectly and I like the way it looks. The top is a bit batwingy for my taste and I think it might add a bit of visual weight to my shoulders. What do you think?

Here's my trying to make it work moment. I love a good sweatshirt dress but might have to check out this little James Perse number instead. Also found this AG one at Nordstrom - how cute does that look? And if I wanted to drop some serious dough (which I don't :) I would check out this dress.

How do you feel about "athleisure" clothes? Not sure I know how they can fit into my lifestyle yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment