Thursday, August 6, 2015

J Crew Review: Bottoms

Made it into the store to try a few more new arrivals. Still not ready to buy anything for fall but it's fun to look!

Sunday Slim Chino (size 2) in Baked Terracotta


I previously tried these on in a size 0 (see review here) and wanted to see if I liked them a bit more slouchy. Hmm. Nope. The back view is too loose. I REALLY want to like these pants but the fit is just slightly off for me. I would go with my normal size 0 if I purchased them but I don't like the length and the wider ankle. They may grow on me. We'll see. I recently tried on these drapey pants over at Banana Republic (and they're on sale) and liked them for the most part. I would recommend sizing down (review to come).

 Cropped Pant in Vintage Scarf Print (size 2)
I love the background color of this print. These pants fit fine - I would stick with the size 2 since I wouldn't want them to be tight. I vascillate between a size 0 and 2 with pants at J Crew. Anyway - they are lined which is lovely but the lining really bothered me. Felt so synthetic and static-y. I couldn't get over that part. If I'm going to go printed J Crew pant, I might have to try these. The print is so lovely and perfect for fall.

 Easy Short in Marble (size XS)
I wish the pictures of these shorts did them justice. I tried them on for the hell of it but they are perfect. I love them so much. The cotton is just thick enough and really crisp and the little stripey tie at the waist is adorable. Inseam if perfect and they hang just right. I am praying that J Crew makes these in some other prints. I would say these run a bit small for XS. They fit perfectly instead of a little roomy. LOVE. I really want to buy these shorts too - the price is right - but they are 50% off final sale. Good price, bad idea. Anyone have any experience on sizing with these?

 Postage Stamp Mini in Polynesian Floral (size 2)
I mentioned in a previous post that I have been looking for casual but cute summer skirts and this one fits the bill. I decided to size up so it would be a little longer and casual looking and less sexy mama out on the town looking. It's super comfortable and fits perfectly. I also have my eye on this one but I have not been able to try it on and now it's final sale. Boo. There are no reviews on this one but it also looks adorable and who can resist stripes? Plus I like J Crew's minis when they are 17". Good length for 5'4" me. I've also been eyeing this one from Madewell because it's cute, stripy and very cool looking.





No comments:

Post a Comment