Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Sizing Issues: Drapey Dresses

Do you ever find yourself caught between sizes?
I am constantly driving myself batty over which size to keep of something I like. Don't want to go to big and have it add visual weight, don't want to go to small and have it bee too grabby on my problem areas. Realisitically, being between 2 sizes probably means either would be fine but I like to at least try to get the "perfect" fit. Ha. Sometimes it means that the garment is just not meant for me - if it was perfect then one size would be a clear winner. Anyway, here are 2 dresses that I have been debating over which size to keep. They are both of the "drapey" variety so I think that's part of my conundrum.
Any and all opinions welcome and appreciated!

Perforated Drapey Crepe Dress  (size 2 and 0 respsectively)


My husband does not like this dress at all but I can't help it - I really do! He prefers the 0 but I think that's because he wants it to fit like a "sexy" dress and not a drapey relaxed dress. The armhole gaping is a bit better on the 0 but it actually doesn't bother me that much. I'll just wear a black bra and it will look fine. I just can't tell if I like the slightly more relaxed look of the 2 or the slimness of the 0.

Striped Vee Patio Dress (size P0 and P2 respectively)

 Here's another one - and note these are both elastic waist midi length dresses. That may be my problem more than the sizing ;). Anyway, I love stripes so much and I think this dress is cute but it does add a little visual poundage on my hips. I'm not so worried about the slight gaping on the top with the 0 since that is mostly due to the breastfeeding situation - which will go away eventually :)

Help fashionistas. Any thoughts are helpful!





4 comments:

  1. Perforated dress, I like the 0. Striped dress, I can't tell any difference honestly. Maybe the zero is better from the side view. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the input! I must have tried that dress on a thousand times and it is really nice to hear what someone else thinks!

      Delete
  2. I like the smaller size of both dresses--it doesn't look too small at all and in flowy/drapey dresses I always try to get the smallest size that still drapes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. I'm always tempted to size up in drapey dresses so it doesn't look like I'm trying to make a drapey dress to fitted. Looking at the pictures i think I like the 0 better too so thanks for the input!

      Delete