Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Anthropologie Review: Painter's Palette Skirt

I have literally been looking for something to purchase at Anthro with a gift card I received. It has been burning a hole in my pocket. I don't know why but I just haven't been able to find anything that I love and that fits in nicely with my summer which is primarily spent hanging out with my 6 year old and almost 10 month old. But, I did see this beauty and knew I had to have it. Love the colors!

Painter's Palette Skirt (size 0) - Currently on sale for $39.95





More often than not I am a size 2 at Anthropologie (0 at J Crew). I wouldn't say this ran big per se - I just really wanted it to fit snugly at the waist. If it was shorter I'd be okay with it being at my hips. The pattern is so beautiful and unique and is similarly placed on each skirt but with slight variations. I found that this one had more color on it in the front which I really liked. It is a very subtle a-line shape. I wish I had purchased it when it was available in petite. The length is a little awkward. I really love the cotton which is thick enough to look crisp and has a slight give to it.

I love good cheerful colors in the summer so I also ordered this skirt to try on. Yellow just seems to go with summer. Wouldn't mind trying on this eyelet midi version as well - not a print but love the pop of color! This darker floral version would be great for transitioning into fall. This one over at Off 5th is a steal and very similar in color to the Artist's Palette Skirt. And I love this other option from Anthropologie. More feminine with the roses but I like the shorter length.

No comments:

Post a Comment