Thursday, August 20, 2015

J. Crew Review: Soft Henley Dress

I've been meaning to throw this review up ever since I tried this on so here it is!

Soft Henley Dress (size 0)


This is my kind of dress. I even like that cool shade of military green. I was afraid it would be some sort of weird material but it is a really nice cotton that feels good on the skin. The length: I am 5'4" and love short dresses but it felt a little short on me. The fit was good through the hips but a little tight across the bust which I think causes that little dip on my lower back (see lower left pic). I am not willing to pay $118 for this but I am interested in seeing if it ends up on sale eventually. Am also curious if a size 2 will add more length without adding too much volume.

I love little shirtdresses and am thinking of ordering this J Crew one in navy to see if I like it.

Also found this similar one by J Brand that is adorable!

I've never bought anything from White House Black Market but I thought this navy shirtdress would be perfect for work.

Highly recommend this dress, will post a review of the size 2 if I can get it!

1 comment: