Monday, June 8, 2015

J. Crew Review: Floral Jacquard, Gold Foil, Falling Pansies and Triple Eyelet

It's been so long! There is a reason why I haven't posted in a while it starts with a broken printer and ends with an entirely new computing system. Ugh. A story for another day. I just wanted to get up a few reviews while the promotions are rolling in so here they are:

Mini Skirt in Midnight Floral Jacquard (size 2 and size 0)
The size 2 fit well in the waist but was definitely a little too roomy in the hips. The print is really lovely and even though this skirt is on the shorter side, it felt sort of dressy. I like the contrast piping and the overalll weight of the skirt but wasn't exactly sure what use I would have for it: too fancy for work and not sure if I would be grabbing it for date night.

The size 0 felt better in the hips but a bit snug in the waist. I've managed to knock off a few more post-pregnancy pounds and am basically back to my usual self except for a little extra booty and definitely a less shapely waist. This type of skirt used to work so well for me but with my thicker waist it's not working...

 Gold Foil Leaf Pencil Skirt (size 0)
I never even really noticed this print online but I liked it a lot in person. I REALLY like that wide waistband - helps hide and control the aforementioned belly that I have gained from this last pregnancy. The fit is so nice and classic j crew pencil skirt territory. Nice to see some things don't change. I fit into the 00 as wel but I felt like this size draped better.

 Falling Pansies Pant (size 2)
I'm getting into this whole "drapey" pant thing and thought these might look good. Yeesh. First off, the color is really unappealing. I can't exactly put my finger on it but it's just not a great color. Especially not on my skin tone. The fabric feels a bit thin and staticky and the fit in the crotch is not good. It's a shame because I love the idea of the print and the pant but would need a different fit and a different color scheme.

 Linen Crossover Wrap Skirt in Stripe (size 00)
This is adorable. I did size down because the size 0 had too much extra fabric on the hip area. This was a bit snug but overall I liked the look. Again with the wide waistband - yahoo! Thank you for hiding my food baby.

 Triple Eyelet Shift Dress (XXS)
I wasn't even going to try this one because of the size but then I figured what the hell. I love white and eyelet in summer. So crisp and classic. This dress is adorable and I never even noticed it before! It fits *just* perfectly so I actually ordered an XS to compare although I think I will end up keeping this size. I thought it was quite flattering for a shift dress and I even liked the "bib" front which sometimes doesn't work on me.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Nice to have you back! Thanks for the reviews. I really like the Cross-over skirt. Any problems with the slit being too revealing?

    ReplyDelete