Monday, June 29, 2015

Ann Taylor Loft: Dresses

I don't really stop in the Loft that often - I feel like I have enough on my hands with keeping track of sales at J Crew, Madewell and Anthropologie. But...I have noticed some pretty cute prints. I feel in love with the full bloom print which you can find on shorts, a maxi dress and a romper. I bought the shorts and think they are lovely - nice material and fit. Here are a few other things that caught my eye.

Sky Bloom Midi Dress (XS)
Love this print and the fabric swishes around in such a fun way - I could do twirls in this! My usual XS fit fine I just don't wear spaghetti straps very often. Very comfortable and I like the midi length.

Lou & Grey Chambray Shirtdress (XS)
This fit fine but the waist fell a bit too low. Felt a little too "I've been workin' on the railroad" for me. I'm 5'4" and the length was just right.

Summer Eyelet Dress (XS) in Bright Passion Plum
I'm not sure why I picked this up - the color maybe? The eyelet? Once I put it on it reminded me far too much of something I might have worn in the early 90's. It is very comfortable and breezy but it was way too short and not that flattering. Made me feel like a little girl but not in a good way.

Embroidered Baby Doll Dress (Size 2)
I would definitely need at least a 0 in this dress. Wish the embroidery went all the way around. This, as opposed to most of the other dresses, felt a bit too long and thus frumpy. I still liked the idea of it - great for throwing on on a hot day when you just want to laze around not doing much. Ha, I can't remember the last time I did that!

Bloomtime Jumpsuit (XS)
I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that jumpsuits might not be for me :) This print is fun but too big and loud for all over my body. The fit was basically fine but I didn't feel like it did me any favors, especially in the rear view. Cute on someone taller maybe? although the length of the pant portion felt too short...

Have you found any goodies at the Loft recently?


No comments:

Post a Comment