Sunday, August 4, 2013

J. Crew Review: New Arrivals!

Tried on a lot of the new fall stuff the other day. I'm liking some of the colors and the new fits. Here are a few things I tried:

New Schoolboy Blazer in Black (size 2)
This basically looks like the old schoolboy to me. I like the longer length but it's a pretty small difference. I'm not a fan of the schoolboy personally because I think the shoulders are too big and the hips too narrow. Nonetheless, as for blazers, this would be a great staple to add to your wardrobe.

I love the combo of navy and green - so delightfully preppy and fresh! This is TTS for sure and the little chiffon details at the neck and sleeves are cute (notice the transparency in the 3rd photo). What I don't love is the combo of high neck and pleats over the breasts. Probably more flattering for the less well-endowed. Love the little keyhole back,

 Crepe Racer Tank (size 2) in Navy

The crepe was so thick and drapey - I loved it! The racer back is elegant and sort of sexy. A gorgeous staple - dressed up with skinny pants, heels and jewelry and yet totally work appropriate under a blazer. Was slightly snugged across the chest so you may want to size up if you are busty.

Silk Ruffle Top (size 2) in Neon Amethyst
Here's the other version of the Silk Ruffle Top. Somehow this felt more clownish and less elegant than the beanstalk one. I'm really not digging the high neck thing, I think it's flattering on only a few people. I'm looking forward to more bright colors like this one but I tend to like shades tending towards fuschia (which apparently are coming) instead of this sort of neon purple.

What do you think of these new blouse shapes?




No comments:

Post a Comment