Thursday, August 1, 2013

Boden Reviews! - Tank tops

I don't order much from Boden anymore but I do like shopping their site when the clearance prices are in effect but the free shipping and returns offer is back. I have placed a few orders recently because I think the quality in Boden is generally there, I just think the styling is a bit off. My first order contained some tank tops (forthcoming ones include the generally buzzed about Newquay dress and a cute and very inexpensive tunic) and here's what I thought of them:

Essential Tank Top (size 2)



I like this tank. The fit is snug but not obscenely so because of the nice, thick cotton fabric. I am super appreciative of any tank that covers bra straps  - hallelujah! This truly a basic, perfectly nice, thick tank top. I am not really enjoying the polka dots but I would love this in a solid. Would make a great layer under a nice linen sweater or something as well. Size 2 is sometimes my size at Boden although I often have to size up. I think this could be fine in a 2 or 4.

Lightweight Tank (size 4 and 2)





This tank definitely felt "cooler" and more modern. I preferred the fit of the 2 because it highlighted my curves whereas the 4 felt more "swing-like" in shape. In the side picture, I am trying to show that the armholes are not huge although it really looks like I am trying to show off the very large dinner I just snarfed down. Again, ample coverage of bra straps and although this one felt a little bit more low cut, still nicely covered. Something about the lightweight although slub fabric felt more on trend. The contrast stitching on the back is a dead giveaway for Boden. It's a cute touch, but I could do without it.

I finally got to the J Crew store and will have lots of new arrivals reviews over the next few days.

Have you bought anything from Boden's clearance section?



No comments:

Post a Comment