Monday, July 1, 2013

Banana Republic Review: Summer Blouses and some Milly

I don't know why I never go into Banana Republic any more, but I don't. I think I've grown so accustomed to shopping at J Crew for my work clothes and am able to be fairly confident that my usual size will fit there that I've just grown lazy. I was surprised at all the cute colors and simply little fun summer dresses at BR! I wanted to check out some Milly items and actually found a few shirts I liked.

Pintuck Tank (size 0)
I can't find this on the website anywhere but since it looks exactly the tank below I'm going to call it the Pintuck Tank. Size 0 is one size smaller than usual for me and it was a little snug. The material felt like a rayon and was quite soft. Nothing too exciting but i really appreciated the wide straps for a bra and the bright sunny color!

Tropical Print Pintuck Tank (size 2) in Lunar Dust
Same tank, bigger size and fun print. Unfortunately, this one was made of poly and did not feel totally summer appropriate. Would be nice for work tucked into a cute pencil skirt (like maybe my no. 2 Pinwheel Eyelet from J Crew?).

Silk Roll-Sleeve Blouse (XS) in Fall Navy
Ok. This was a love. Silk! And for a fair price! Again, nothing fancy here but just a great little easy silk blouse. I love the real roll-tab sleeves and the hidden button placket. The shape was close to the body but not tight. Really a wonderful basic silk blouse. Makes me think of all this silk blouses made my Equipment that never fit me correctly :)

Tile-Print Blouse (XS)
This is the same idea as above but in a print and in polyester. Not as comfortable but very cute. This blouse is on sale right now.

Milly Collection Medallion Print Roll-Sleeve Top (size 2) in True Navy
I liked this Milly blouse quite a bit, but that's probably because I am a fool for anything in navy. The style is very similar to the other blouses but this one comes with an attached cami. Again, polyester but at least it draped well. Roll tab sleeves and cute little buttons. I think this is a great piece from the collection - very Tory Burch with some white jeans and espadrille platforms.

Have you checked out Banana Republic lately? What did you like from the Milly Collection?

2 comments:

  1. I bought the Milly medallion blouse. I really like the navy color and the upscale look. If pairs well with white jeans and shorts as well as pink. The white/yellow/teal colorway id pretty too but the navy is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything in navy is my favorite! So flattering on a number of skintones, classic and beautiful in summer, winter or fall! Glad to hear you are wearing it a lot - I may have to consider it on sale.

      Delete