Friday, July 5, 2013

Anthropologie Reviews: Osei-Duro, Clara Peasant, Kashida Dolman

I'm sort of shocked I haven't been tempted by the tag sale but to be quite honest, I've only used it to buy a few things I've been interested in but haven't been willing to pay the price for. I do enjoy combing the racks just in case a random fun item shows up (like the Devi dress the other day). It's the thrill of the hunt that I enjoy more than the actual items sometimes! Anyway, on a regular day at Anthro (weeks ago) here are some things I tried on.

Clara Peasant Blouse (size 2) in Pink

I was drawn to the print and the peasant vibe but knew it would be a bad fit on my body. This reminds me of the Silk Peasant Blouse from Madewell. The yoke on the top half fits close to the body and could be quite flattering except that then the billowy part of the shirt starts draping from the top of my chest which does not work on my body. I think these blouses are made for the smaller busted. It's a shame because I thought it was a sweet top. 

Embroidered Posies Sweatshirt (XS)
Cute. Love the embroidery. Wasn't awesome enough to say "I have to have it" but definitely cute. The neckline stood up a bit which I think cheapens the overall look, but otherwise it is a nice summery top.

Whitmarsh Shift Dress (size M) by Osei-Duro
So I know that a size medium is not my normal size but still.... woah does this run on the big side. It's cute that the print is so cheeky with the little painted on belt and pocket but I think the overall effect is a bit strange. I would actually really like it if it was in my size and a bit plainer. Of course, I realize that's missing the whole point of this garment but I just feel a bit silly in it. Unless I'm a gallery owner in Soho, which I'm not :)

Kashida Dolman (XS)



I sort of love this blouse. the embroidery is so beautiful and the overall effect is lovely and somewhat ethereal. What I don't love it the fluff over the chest. The panel running down the center is flattering and beautiful and then the billowy sleeves start way too far in towards the center of one's chest. Sort of reminds of what I think was called the 2 Rivers Tee a year or so ago. If the billowy sleeve part started farther out, like where a sleeve usually starts, this top would be a winner. Being as though I like to avoid having cloud pillow poof breasts, I think I'll pass. 

Looks like the 20% is coming to an end this weekend... will that motivate us to buy?

6 comments:

  1. I will finally be at an Anthro store Tuesday...headed to Charlotte,NC. Nothing is really exciting me on line. We'll see if I actually can find something. More excited about the container Store.. Weird?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not weird at all. I adore the container store. Things that hold things, because I need more things and thus more things to hold these things. :)

      Delete
  2. I have totally been going in just in the hopes of finding cute little surprises on the sale rack! Love the embroidery on the Kashida blouse, but yeah, the shape is just so off!

    Remember that totally cute green silk blouse with the yellow birds- seaside blouse?- I keep staring at it and somehow can't quite take the plunge even at $55. I'm not sure why?! I guess it's 'cause I feel like I SHOULD love it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the should... I totally do that too. As for the Seaside blouse I wanted to love it because a) it is silk b) it has birds and c) it's by Leifsdottir. Unfortunately, it was undeniable how silly it looked on me. the cut is very boxy and unflattering (in my opinion). I've been trying to chill out during this sale but it's hard. Got sucked into J Crew's 40% off.

      Delete
  3. You're right about that rare addtl 20%. Definitely a moivator for me. I bought one dress in two colors and trying a couple things from online. Ever since I've been over the have-to-have-it cuz I saw it on a blogger phase, Anthro hasn't been as intriguing. I still love the store and the clothes, even if I'm not buying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the have-to-have-it blogger thing. I definitely succumbed to that at first. Am doing much better at seeing things how they are on my body. One thing I have trouble with still is have to have it because it's basically cute and only $15 thing. Baby steps...

      Delete