Saturday, December 29, 2012

Madewell Reviews - Silk Gingham Boy Shirt and Long-Sleeve Tunic Dress

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been on break because of my feline friend. I did, however, try on a lot of clothes over the holidays so I thought I better start posting those reviews now or they would never get done!

I rarely get to go to a Madewell store as the closest one is an hour away and this time I had to move quickly because I didn't have much time but here are two goodies that I found:

Madewell Silk Gingham Boyshirt (XS)


Love, love, mega love. The color is gorgeous and the fit is amazing. This was an XS and for some reason it fit much smaller than other x-smalls I have tried on at Madewell. This is especially strange since I read some reviews on ShopBop and people claimed it ran big. Anyhoo, I store ordered a Small which is arriving today and I really hope it's not humongous. The fit through the body of the shirt was wonderful but it was a little too tight across the bust. 

Madewell Long-Sleeve Tunic Dress (XS) in Stately Purple



I sort of loved this. Like wearing a nightgown but more elegant. My mother-in-law, however, thought it looked like a nightgown and wasn't flattering and I trust her opinion! The most outrageous thing is that it is $155 and made of rayon. It was definitely on sale in store but I can't remember how much. The last pic is to show how the seaming across the "dropped waist" type thing is sort of lumpy bumpy and unflattering. I still love the idea of it and could be tempted on super sale as something to wear over skinny jeans.

Anyone else find a dress at Madewell this season?




No comments:

Post a Comment