Monday, July 16, 2012

J. Crew Sale and Brooks Brothers Sale Reviews

It is crazy sale season and my willpower has been broken. The deals are so insanely good that I can't help but to stock up on at least a few basics. Thought I would post a few quickie reviews for items that can still be nabbed in-store and/or online!

9" short in antique paisley (size 0)

 I don't know why but for some reason this looks like a shot of my butt not the front. It amuses me to think this is my derriere but then voila! there are my knees as well. Disturbing.



I usually do not love shorts but I have found that they are basically all I wear this summer. Great for being at the park with my little girl and casual but not sloppy. I think these could easily be dressed up with some heels and a crisp button down. The pattern and color are lovely and slightly darker IRL than on the website. Normally I do NOT wear a size 0 and I think I would have been find in the size 2 but I like these fitting extra slim as I feel that makes them slimming and more dressy. Nabbed for about $23 after educator and 40% off discounts.

No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Cotton in Marrakech Purple (size 0)



Tried this skirt on the other day and left it in the store but found it was on my mind as a) I am perhaps one of the few people that don't own that many pencil skirts and b) I am in love with the color. Apparently I am the only one because this color seems to be the only one left in most sizes. Again, I am wearing a size 0 because I wanted the skirt to fit closer to my actual waist and I've heard it stretches out. It is a little "tushy-riffic" but I think that will give with wear. $20 with discounts. 

Brooks Brothers Cotton Vertical Illusion Print Dress (size 2)


 Unfortunately the pics don't do this justice. It is adorable and I love the shorter length as it helps it retain its youth. This is such a well-made piece - fully lined, keyhole button at back, fully hidden side zipper. Beautiful. My only complaint is that I think it may smush my boobs a little bit so I have the 4 coming to compare. Still the quality is there and I think this is a great for slightly more conservative functions. And pockets!

Brooks Brothers Cotton Liberty Skirt with Tie Detail (size 4)


I was super intrigued by BB's Liberty offerings this spring. I LOVE liberty prints but was not feeling the J Crew ones this year. This skirt is so freaking adorable and has lovely little pockets on the front. It is extremely lightweight and I wouldn't mind it being made out of a thicker cotton but it will certainly be lovely on a hot day. I am also waiting for a 2 in this one. This one fits great but sits maybe lower than I want it. We'll have to see.

Also luckily picked up a Poppy Print Scarf at JC - adorable!

I'm hoping I'm shopped out. Time for fall! What other fabulous goodies did people pick up? Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment