Thursday, July 26, 2012

J. Crew - A luxe silk blouse and a Patricia Dress

Ridealong reviews! Okay, I really hate to order ridealongs to get free shipping but I hate paying for shipping even more - especially if it's an item I'm not sure I'm going to keep anyway. So, these 2 lovelies were added to my cart during the 40% promo so I could get my little cheapies sent to me. I'm not proud but c'est la vie. Actually, I really like both of these items and if they went on sale I might get them anyway so maybe everyone wins in the end!

Altuzarra for J Crew Patricia Dress (XS)



I normally only take photos when my daughter is asleep but I wanted to return these things in the afternoon and had to take photos in the morning. The blue crinkly stuff beneath me is my little princess all dressed up and vying for some camera time. Hilarious. My first reaction when putting on this dress was - ugh, chain gang! But, the shape of it is lovely. Really flattering on the body and yet relaxed and comfortable at the same time. I love the little fabric pieces that look like epaulets on the shoulders and the nice thick cotton. This dress also seems to have a slight waist unlike the maritime. The stripes are still a bit bold for me - the blue is VERY dark like a black and I think I would prefer it in a slightly lighter color. This dress appears to be sold out now.

Collection Luxe Silk Crepe Blouse (size 2) in Neon Azalea 


I feel like this top has been around forever and yet never goes on sale. I also think it's funny that they only offer it in two colors. NEON and NEUTRAL. I don't think I'd pay $200 for a neon shirt. The color is pretty true in these pictures. I think this shape is exactly the same as the Lucinda blouse from last year. The silk is certainly MUCH heavier and has that feeling almost like the Elodie blouse = a sort of sueded silk. I love it and if they came out with other colors and something less than $200 I would be tempted.

Anyone else own these lovely pieces?

7 comments:

  1. Both the dress and the blouse look lovely on you! I am so glad I'm not the only one who orders extra to avoid shipping costs :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think a lot of people do it. I just can't pay shipping - it irks me way too much.

      Delete
  2. The dress and blouse are lovely, but it is the chair I covet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like the chair! It is really old and then my lovely mother-in-law recovered it and it looks gorgeous. It's sort of a "reading" chair in our bedroom by the window.

      Delete
  3. Yes, I own the blue linen shorts and love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the shorts too although I took them off carelessly the other day and now the stupid elastic waistband is all twisted!

      Delete
  4. I like the stripe pattern on the dress. $198 for a Pepto-Bismol top, I cannot get into.

    ReplyDelete