Tuesday, February 7, 2012

J. Crew's Bennett Chino and Lands' End Canvas Button-Side Crewneck

I wanted to post this because these are two of my most recent and fantastic sale purchases!

J Crew Bennett Chino in Warm Redwood (size 2)
Lands' End Canvas Button-Side Crewneck in French Pecan Heather (XXS)
I really love the Bennett Chino. Long, lean and a nice thick cotton. The Warm Redwood color is a little unusual but it is unlike anything in my closet so I sort of love it. The LEC sweatshirt is super soft. I blogged about it before in an XS here . It is on sale for $14.99 + 20% off right now. Super soft cozy terry plus the buttons on the side are adorable.
I like the Bennetts with my Soft Chevrons pullover as well even though I know the color combo is a little odd. Those heels, which somehow got cut off in the picture, are by Seychelles and are amazing. A little 80's vibe to them.

I have yet to release the pockets which is why these pants look slightly more bootylicious than they should.

While I realize this color combo is not exactly knocking down any barriers, I love the casual nature of it. I really wanted something "sweatshirt-y" with the Tile-Quilted Pencil Skirt but couldn't find anything I liked. Thanks to Small Town Gal over at Shopping Obsession who recommended trying the button-side crewneck. Great idea!

2 comments:

  1. The LE crewneck is so cute and what a great price. I think it looks great with the skirt.
    I haven't bought anything from LE in many years because their sizes were too big, but I think the xxs will work fine. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The LE top is really, really cute. I'm wondering if a grey dolman top will also go w/that tile skirt.

    ReplyDelete