Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Madewell Review: Boucle Cardigan, Latitude Shirtdress, Flannel Oversized Boyshirt

Flannel Oversized Boyshirt in Dark Plaid (XS)
I was immediately drawn to ths dark plaid and the soft texture of the shirt. It feels like something softer than flannel - almost blanket like. Yum. But the shape - eek - so not flattering. It's really oversized so I recommend sizing down. I saw this Black Watch plaid shirt that I'd like to give a try. And check out this adorable Old Navy one for $18! And how adorable is this one?

 Boucle Cardigan Sweater (XS)


Mmm... I'm sort of obsessed with this sweater. My normal XS was basically acceptable but I would really like to find it in an XXS so the body fits just a wee bit closer. I love boucle - hides pilling and is so cozy and warm. Within a couple of minutes, I was sweating in this sweater (which I like because I'm always cold). It's lovely and the "double-breasted" closure makes it unique and fun.
If you're looking for something in a lighter color, this Anthropologie boucle cardigan is gorgeous. I keep on meaning to check out Topshop and this cardigan might just be the piece to push me. This one is pricier but super cool with it's marled texture. I do love the Lou & Grey line at Loft and this cardigan seems swingy and light. If I had lots of disposable income, of course I would choose this lovely Vince number. I love the way they balance laid-back oversized-ness with perfect drape.

 Latitude Shirtdress in Buffalo Check (XS)
I think this was down to $39.99 - 30% off sale. I still had to pass. The fit is just weird. The hips are definitely poufy and the pockets just don't lay right. It's a shame because it's super comfy and cute but I don't think it's for me!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for all the reviews! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Thanks for visiting my blog and Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete