Sunday, November 8, 2015

Madewell Review: Indigo Plaid Dress and Tartan Mix Scarf

I've been a little off of the Madewell kool-aid lately but the recent 40% drew me in to try a few non-final sale items. Also used to stock up on some of their tees that are soft and have just enough slouch. I sized down for a closer fit but if you want it a little slouchier take your usual size. I highly recommend the slub v-neck in birch leaf and chocolate raisin and the slub crewneck tee in warm berry and stone blue.

Indigo Plaid Dress (size 2)
Ok. So I knew this was probably going to be silly on me but I just had to try it because I love plaid and I loved the idea. Size 2 fit well - sometimes a size 0 works at Madewell but I don't think that would have worked here. It's very cute actually but definitely too young for this mom of 2. Also found it to be a bit high-waisted. But, if you love plaid and are younger than me, go for it! :) This dress has a similar plaid but a looser style (which I like) and this dress by F21 is soo cute and only $22.90! (this one for $19.90 is also super cute)

 Madewell Tartan Mix Scarf 
Ugh, I love scarves. I have so many of them but I do wear them all the time. I do love the mix of plaids in this one although it is a little similar to a Madewell scarf I bought last year. It's soft and lighweight.
I wanted to give a closeup of where the different patterns meet. One of the online reviews mentioned the stitching and I have to agree it could have been better.

Looking forward to getting into Madewell to actually try some of their new stuff on.

I saw the Lace Magnolia Dress in the store and it looked really lovely.

Would also love to try that Gamine Mini Skirt in Buffalo check. Love the combo of cozy and sexy.

And that city grid coat in both the burgundy and the plaid. So chic!

What have you found at Madewell recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment