Wednesday, July 1, 2015

J Crew Review: Perforated Drapey Crepe Dress, Summerweight Shirt in Navy Plaid, Slit-Neck Beach Sweater and Beaded Leather Rope Necklace

Sales, sales, sales. I need it to stop! As much as I love getting a bargain, after a while I realize I'm just wearing bad sale goggles. I really don't need anything right now and yet prices keep going down, down, down. Trying to focus on the few things that I really LOVED at J Crew recently. And, one of those things is this dress:

Perforated Drapey Crepe Dress (size 2) in Walnut
I'm not sure why I'm so obsessed with this dress but I really am. It feels very cool and yet I love that it is so easy to wear. I finally caught the walnut color on popback but to be honest, I didn't love it.
It was a little blah on my skin tone but more than that it showed the perforations and elastic too much for my taste. I guess I'd mostly wear this dress with a belt anyway but something about it in this color made me feel sort of "nursey".

Perforated Drapey Crepe Dress (size 2) in black
As soon as I put the black on I felt chicer. Yes it is a bit low cut but I'm not planning on wearing this to work so I'll just wear a plunging bra. Plus, if you didn't reveal a little skin there I think the overall look would be too dowdy. I did just order the 0 as well to compare and I'm not sure what size I prefer yet.

Beaded Leather Rope Necklace
This is apparently sold out now. It is adorable and I love it with the dress but I didn't like the length at all. I was really hoping for something more choker length. Oh well.

Summerweight Shirt in Navy Plaid (size 2)


Let's face it, J Crew does button downs well. This one is no exception. I liked the colors, the lighter feel of the fabric, everything. My only complaint is that it feels a little shorter than the usual button-downs.

Slit-Neck Beach Sweater (XS) in Navy
Definitely oversized. The knit is sort of large and chunky in a good way. It does definitely remind me of a "beach sweater". I could quite get the neckline to lie nicely.

Nothing to get super excited about but it is a nice, heavier summer sweater.

What do you think of these items?

No comments:

Post a Comment