Tuesday, July 29, 2014

J. Crew Review: A New Arrival and Some Sale

It's nice to see some fall clothes in store but I can't even bring myself to try them on! We've really hit the hot and humid part of the summer and my main motivation for going shopping is really just to stay cool. I can't believe the 50% off just keeps rolling along, but I am finding that there's less to get excited about in the sale section. I did pick up the Eyelet Shirtdress in White because I've been eyeing it forever as a nice post-preg dress (plus I love white in summer) and I think it came out to about $21! Here are a few things I motivated to try on during my latest visit.

Merino Wool V-Neck Cardigan (XS) in Vintage Cabernet
 I love a good wine colored sweater. Something about that color feels so luxurious and it just screams fall. It's very cute and soft and I like that they are trying to do a different silhouette. Fits pretty TTS. I personally like a little more length in my cardigans but I could see picking up a few of these on sale.

 Vintage Terry Sweatshirt (XS) in Warm Indigo
 Damn J Crew does a good casual sweatshirt. The XS was fairly fitted but I think that's mostly because my baby body has exploded as of late. The warm indigo color is really pretty and flattering and I like that this sweatshirt is pretty long. Adorable and $39.99 in store so pretty affordable.

 Linen High-Low Hem Sweater (XXS) in Marled Indigo
 I LOVE J. Crew linen sweaters. I always end up buying one every season. The XXS was quite snug, especially in the arms, but they do tend to stretch out. Reading the reviews, it seems a lot of people sized down but I think that depends on how you want it to fit. This navy color is absolutely perfect and I may have to add it to my collection.

 Linen High-Low Hem Sweater in Garment Dye (XS) in Wet Stone
 This is the XS which felt way more comfortable but that's also probably because I'm carrying about an extra 15 pounds right now (and it's all in that middle section). This color does not seem to be selling that well but I really liked it. I like the "baseball" type shoulder seams. I think they are flatering and slimming. The extra butt coverage is always appreciated.

 Linen High-Low Hem Sweater (XS) in White
Same sweater in white. Love. I have a lightweight summer sweater that is white from Madewell so I passed but it was quite tempting. I think after 50% and teacher discount is would have some to around $21.

Well, I'm doing my best to keep on trying on some clothes although clearly it is getting a bit tough. 9 1/2 weeks to go! I did purchase some shoes and will try to review them this week. At least I know the shoes will fit before and after :)

No comments:

Post a Comment