Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Anthropologie Review: Francophile Tee, Melanie Dress and Fara Layered Tunic

Just a short set of reviews today. I'm still trying to look for pieces that will work during and after pregnancy but I don't want to go crazy so I'm mostly chilling out on the shopping. I did "treat" myself to a new pair of maternity pants but I'm not quite there yet so they are just sitting there in my closet. I think this phase is the hardest when you are sort of in between.
I think Anthropologie will be a good resource for clothes that will work before and after so I keep on checking out their latest offerings.
Here's a few things I tried.

Francophile Tee (size XS and S)
Yes, I've reviewed this before but I couldn't remember if I tried on XS or S. The XS is on the left and the S is on the right. It's a little hard to tell but the XS is definitely the right fit - loose but not baggy (even on my more voluptuous pregnant top half) so I would definitely recommend sticking with your regular size. A lot of the reviews said to size up but I don't think that's at all necessary. Did I mention the color is gorgeous and the material is so soft I just want to wrap my whole body in it?

 Melanie Dress (XS)
This just went on sale. It's sort of a nothing dress in my opinion. The fabric is sort of interesting but the style seems so 80's/90's to me. The drop waist, ruffle hem, pleating at the bustline. It's very comfortable and forgiving but not terribly exciting.

 Fara layered Tunic (XS)

I was intrigued by this one. There's a lot going on - gems at the neckline, shirt hem, shoulder patches - maybe too much. I think I would prefer it if it was just a little sweatshirt dress. That being said, it's sort of cute and definitely comfortable. It runs big. This is an XS and I felt like it was pretty loose even considering my expanding body. I'm not sure how I feel about that, "Look I'm wearing a button down shirt dress under this sweatshirt" look. What do you think?

That's it for now. I'll have some J Crew reviews coming over the next few days.

Anything grabbing your fancy at Anthro right now?

1 comment:

  1. I love that Francophile tee! The colors as you said are really gorgeous and fun. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete