Thursday, June 6, 2013

J. Crew Review: Liberty Popover in Floral Eve

Ah Liberty prints - I cannot get enough of them this season. And thank goodness since some of the other prints J Crew is pushing are not intriguing to me at all. The moment I saw this shirt in a preview I knew that I would love it. Of course not at $150 so now it will be mine to hunt down at an acceptable sale price for the rest of the season (hello, $40 June's Meadow Flora shirt, I'm talking to you)

Liberty Popover in Floral Eve (size 2)
 I was really disappointed when I saw this was a popover and not a buttondown.  Usually the popovers are too big in the body and too tight in the chest for me. Not the case with this one. It is a little blousy if anything and definitely was not pulling on the chest. I might even be able to size down to a size 0 on this one.


As usual, the length is just perfect. The cut has room to move but is overall slim.  The cotton feels really nice. Lightweight but not that sheer lightweight stuff they sometimes use. I swoon. Loveth.



I think the print is to die for but it won't be for everyone. It looks like little pressed wildflowers. Intricate drawings from an old gardening book. Sooo lovely and will go with just about any bottom you can think of because of the wide array of colors. 

Anyone else tried on this shirt? Was it to your liking?

9 comments:

  1. I have this print in a buttondown from Rhodes and Beckett and just love it (though it looks like it's sold out now). They do much better construction with liberty fabrics than JCrew and the shipping to the U.S. isn't so bad. I don't like popovers - they always make me feel like I'm wearing a hospital gown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous! I went to their website but couldn't find a print like it. I agree that popovers are not as classic or flattering as a classic button down.

      Delete
  2. I really, really love the print. I'm not sure how to style it, though. Do you have some ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it could go with anything from poppy colored shorts to a navy pencil skirt to green slim cafe capris. It seems very versatile. Something that is nice about the popover shape is that is can be dressed up by being tucked in or "casualized" by wearing it out.

      Delete
  3. Like the print but will wait for sale on it. If I wear a Sz 0 in their button downs liberty u think I should Sz dn to a 00?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are not busty, I think that would be possible. I'm probably going to try on a size 0 at some point anyway so I will let you know how that goes!

      Delete
  4. Like the print but will wait for sale on it. If I wear a Sz 0 in their button downs liberty u think I should Sz dn to a 00?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always a bit leary of sizing down on a popover since the strain of pulling it over the shoulders can wreck the shirt.

    Love the print. It went on my must-have list too. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the print. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete