Friday, April 12, 2013

GAP Terry Roll-Sleeve Sweatshirt Review

I have been eyeing this little sweatshirt ever since it appeared on the website. I have J Crew's version from last year and I love it! It is the perfect casual layering piece over a silk blouse, long-sleeved tee or button down. The J Crew one is not exactly holding up over time (quelle surprise) so I thought it might be nice to add another to my collection. The GAP version went on sale for $29.99 plus they recently had 40% off so for $17.99 I thought it was worth a shot.

Terry Roll-Sleeve Sweatshirt (PXS) in Heather Gray
 This version definitely does not fit as snugly as the J Crew one. This is the Petite XS and it's still pretty roomy. BUT... the material is divine. It's a really nice thick knit that looks it will hold up nicely. The sleeves are also pre-rolled and sewn down which I appreciate - the sleeves on my J Crew one are always coming unrolled. I'm not sure I would layer this over a shirt - might add too much weight. I'll try to take pictures later of what that might look like.


Terry Roll-Sleeve Sweatshirt (XS) in Navy
This is the regular XS which is a little bigger and longer. I really like it with the Madewell Skinny Skinny Ankle Jeans in Sungarden. It looks black in the picture but in real life it is a lovely deep navy. I think I prefer the PXS but if you are looking for even more slouchy you could go regular.

Overall, these little sweatshirts feel well made, soft and casual but not sloppy.

Anyone else own this little sweatshirt?

No comments:

Post a Comment