Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ann Taylor Reviews - and a special Sunday treat

It's really hit or miss for me at Ann Taylor but I am desperate for some work-appropriate pants post-weight loss so I keep on going back. If you like them at all, you should definite sign up for their emails because they have these "Sunday treat" specials quite frequently. I placed a large order during the 60% off sale - yes that's right 60% off! Unfortunately, I had no idea what size I wore there and I think I returned almost everything! Boo.

There is a Sunday treat tonight - extra 40% off EVERYTHING and FREE Shipping with code APRIL40

Here are some reviews:

Classic Hatch Print Ankle Pants (size 2)

I did order these pants during the 60% but in the wrong size - darn - because I really like them. I'm not saying I'm going to win a style award while wearing them but the material is a nice thickish cotton, the print is cute without being overwhelming and the fit is spot on. These look like they fit pretty well but I actually ended up getting the size 0 and they fit perfectly. Just slim enough but not too much booty for work. PERFECT ankle length. Yes. 

 Slim Stretch Ankle Pants (size 2) in Lush Hibiscus
I later tried this in size 0 and they fit better. The color is just too much for me and yet the blue variation these come in is too drab. The fit is cute and they are quite comfortable. Wish they came in some more neutral colors. 

 Embroidered Floral Shift Dress (size 0)
I really liked the idea of this dress but it look too boxy on my body. It is quite substantial and the lace was ever so slightly itchy. If the neckline were a little lower I think I would like it better. It will be absolutely adorable on some.

 Lace Hem Cotton Tank (size S?)
Yes that is a lot of boob, sorry. But, I wanted to show this picture because it's impossible to find regular tank tops with straps that will hide bras without too much extra embellishment. I think this was a size small since I normally size up in tees at AT but I don't recall.


 Essential Scoop Neck Tee (size S)
Again, not super exciting but a perfect little white tee. I really liked this one and was glad I sized up for the longer length and slightly looser fit.

Night Sky Blouse (size S)
They didn't have an XS or I would have tried that. Yes I realize this is not exactly the J. Crew Photo Flower print but it is quite cute. I'm trying to reject poly these days since I spent the better part of the 90's wearing it.

Moody Floral Pants (size 00)
These run very big. The 00 fit great/a little loose - and let me tell you - I am no 00! Again, with the poly, I had to leave them behind. Plus, I can never decide if big floral pants look Florida Grandma or Urban Cool. I think I made the right decision ;)

Colorblocked Sweater Dress (size XS)
Random try on but really cute and flattering. A little grabby on the bum. I would love to try this on in the petite length so that the white stripe hits a little higher on the body. I don't know why but it bothered me hitting so low. Felt like it should be high hip.

 Sequin Tulle Mini Skirt (size 0)
 I got this for $28 with the 60% off and it is adorable. I decided to return it because of the lumpiness that you can see in Picture 3. It's very lightweight, and short and the seam (on the side) makes the sequins all bubble out. But, if you are looking for an inexpensive, cute sequin skirt - I wouldn't pass this by.

 Bouquet Print Slim Pants (Petite 2)
I almost got these but might wait for another cute. The print is cute and neutral and the fit is quite comfortable. I prefered the petite length in these - which is rare since I find AT petites to be too short. Poly. Again. Please stop AT because I'm beginning to like some of your clothes!

Anyone else have some spring faves at AT? Will you indulge in the Sunday night treat?



1 comment: