Monday, October 15, 2012

Madewell Review - Silk Gatehouse Dress

Oh how I wish I lived near a Madewell. Yes they are skewed for slightly younger women than myself but they are really a breath of fresh air. Love the playful colors and really nice quality silk. I had been eyeing this dress forever and finally decided to try it with the no-risk free shipping & returns.


 I'd say the color is pretty true to these pictures, maybe slightly duller. The size 2 basically fit well but it is quite short. There is a nice little slip under the tulip skirt so that you don't have to worry about undie showage. The waist is elastic which is not my favorite. Every time you raise your arms or do anything with your upper body the whole thing rides up.


Side and back view. Again short, but soooo cute. Very comfortable on.




A little blousier in the top and I think the length is better but I'm not sure. I'm definitely not one to shy away from a mini but this is quite brief and I'm not sure I want to always wear tights under it.

Anyone else own this dress? Would love feedback on whether the size 2 or size 4 looks better.

Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. Go with the 2 - it looks fabulous on your teeny-tiny figure! What a beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete