Monday, August 27, 2012

J. Crew - the Workwear Edition

I'm starting a new job in about a week although it is exciting it is also super stressful! I just got my schedule and now running around like a proverbial chicken with its head cut off to find care for my daughter. It's hard to remember how excited I was when I was offered the chance to work at a new school what with all the logistics! To reignite that flame, I decided to try on some workwear at J Crew. I NEVER try on this stuff since it is sort of ridiculous for my lifestyle but I think I could work something like this into my life once in a while. Here's what I tried:


Tippi Cardigan in Colorblock (XS) in fuschia burgundy
Okay clearly this is not limited to workwear but I find myself sort of obsessed with cardigans in the fall/winter. The tippi is a really lovely basic cardigan. A wardrobe staple if you will. Certainly not super exciting but has a nice fit and tight weave and comes in a huge array of colors.

Emmaleigh Dress in Super 120s (size 2) in black 

This dress made me want to quit my job and become a lawyer! It is divine! My usual size 2 did feel a bit snug in both the chest (notice it sort of rippling in the side view shot) and the waist. I was too lazy to size up and have a feeling I might not like it as much if it wasn't as fitted. That being said, do I really want to worry about how much I've eaten all day so I can look good in my dress?


Love the sleeve details - so cute! This is a very flattering and comfortable dress. I almost felt like I could size down in this one because of the extra room around the hips but am thinking perhaps a petite size might work better. Lovely and comfortable!


Very cute and the neckline is fun but I thought it looked too prom or formal to me. I mean the material says work but the color and neckline say something else to me. Plus The stitching over the folds was already coming undone. Boo. I can see why it's sold out though - a fun take on traditional work wear.

And so ends my inspiring visit to JC :) Later this week... Boden, TJMaxx and Anthro!

1 comment: