Tuesday, March 27, 2012

EmersonMade Review - Airy Dots Blouse

I have always wanted to try some of EmersonMade's clothing (which is now called EmersonFry). There are pieces have a reputation as being made absolutely beautifully and the silhouettes are somehow modern and timeless all at the same time. I am still searching for the perfect "pussy bow" blouse and this seems to be a specialty item at EmersonFry. I really love some of the quirky prints they've done in the past but right now they only have polka dots so I thought I'd give that a try.

Emerson Airy Dots Blouse (size S and XS)






For the right figure, these blouses are adorable. I was sort of in between sizes. The S felt a bit shapeless but the XS was slightly tight in the shoulders. The cotton is crisp and lovely and the removable tie is genius! The fabric is slightly see through in this color but I think that is to be expected with a lovely, light, spring-weight cotton. 

Verdict? I think I would take the XS and would love to own one of these blouses but couldn't justify the $188 price tag right now. I think it would be justifiable if you worked in an office where you could take this from work to play. Definitely love the look of the blouse tucked into high-waisted trousers (like Emerson does on the website) but high-waisted trousers are not great on short-waisted me!

Some of the dresses for spring also look gorgeous. Some of my favorites:

Yes Dress Long in peacock (I die over anything involving peacocks. Gorge.)


2 Button Belt Skirt  - how effortlessly chic does she look? A little Audrey, a little 70's. Delish.


White Mod - OMG. I just want to be her in this picture. Adorable. 


Anyone else have experience with EmersonFry? 



2 comments:

  1. That green skirt is delicious! (would look great with the polka dot blouse too..d'oh!) It probably helps not to have anywhere to wear it- I do far too much work-wardrobe justifying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you love the green skirt - it is very you! If it goes on sale I may bite. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete