Saturday, December 31, 2011

Anthro Reviews - Dropped Dots Dress, Embossed Basket Dress, Split Diamonds Shift, Inlaid Sweater Skirt

Still playing catch up - alas! I popped into Anthro to make a few returns the other day and here are some lovelies that I spotted/tried on...

Split Diamonds Shift  (size 2)


This is a beautifully made dress and the material is thick and substantial (in a good way). My size 2 fit but was a little snug. I have to agree with Roxy over at Effortless Anthropologie (see review here) that one should consider sizing up. I wanted this to fit a little more like a shift and less like a tight hoochie-mama.

Embossed Basket Dress (size XS)


These pictures do not do the dress justice! The blue is GORGEOUS and bright without being gauche. It fits just like the Noon & Night Dress and if I could grab it for the same price I would prefer it. Something about the cap sleeves is more ladylike/Audrey Hepburn than the tank top styling of N&N. Something bothers my about the those sleeves being thick in the Noon & Night but since I grabbed it during the 50% off I think I can suck it up :)



This dress is adorable! So feminine and 1950s. I do wish the background color was slightly lighter - it almost appears black in low lighting. Also it was TIGHT. I could not zip it in my usual size 2 so I would recommend sizing up in this dress. That being said, the linen is lovely, the polka dots adorable, and the silhouette is quite flattering. 

Inlaid Sweater Skirt - Black Motif (size S)


Yes, those are my pants around my ankles. I always start burning out. This skirt is actually very cute but I think the silhouette of this one is too close to something I owned in the 90's. It just doesn't feel fresh or modern. Extremely comfortable however.

still more reviews coming! Anthro has really drawn me in with all their promos!

2 comments:

  1. The dots dress confuses me, since it looks so similar in shape to the embossed, noon & night etc. but is instead a more linen-y fabric, with no stretch. Does it pouf out a lot? I guess I would have to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does pouf quite a bit but I actually think part of that was the way it was pressed. It's pretty but not that comfortable and nothing so spectactular. At least the Noon & Night is uber comfortable

    ReplyDelete