Thursday, May 30, 2013

Madewell Reviews: Tanks, Dresses and a Sweater

Whoops. This week breezed by me and I have barely had a moment to breathe. I've been running over to our new house on my lunch break to have various contractors come in and tell me how much I have to spend to fix all the little things. It's exciting but a bit overwhelming! Plus it was 93 degrees here today! What? It was just 44 degrees on Sunday. Yeesh. Anyway.... wanted to get a few quick Madewell items reviewed while they have a nice sale going on.

Embroidered Paisley Tank (XS) in Pure White
The embroidered details on this tank are pretty cute. It definitely ran a bit large. It's a nice piece for pairing with some cute floral denim (a trend which seems to be holding on for now). it is a bit see through but that seems to be par for the course with tees and tanks these days.

I was immediately drawn to the bright cheery colors in this sweater. I believe it was on sale for $49.99 + 30% off in store. So disappointed they aren't doing 30% off online! I almost bought it except I didn't like those little poofs it made right above the hips. The zebra studio sweater didn't seem to do that as much but I think that's because it's a slightly heavier material. Overall though, this sweater is a perfect weight for summer and really fun! Also runs big for XS.

Windowpane Boyshirt (XS)
This appears to be sold out and I can see why. There is something so perfect and summery about it. I like the light lilac color and although it is somewhat sheer, it is also really lightweight. The fit was spot on - fitted enough but not too much.

Afternoon Dress (S) in Fresh Blueberry
I really want to love this dress. It seems like a perfect stretchy little throw on and go number. The small was a little too big - made the bum section hang sort of oddly. Also not loving the high neckline. 

Afternoon Dress (XS) in Fresh Blueberry
The XS was clearly too tight - especially up top. the skirt feel more like it should in this size but I still don't love the bubble butt.

 Silk Cami Dress in Flora (size 4)
I absolutely adore this print. You know what else is awesome? Adjustable straps! The 2nd picture shows the dress after I pulled up the straps a little bit. This fixed the slight puckering of extra fabric right above the waistline. The length is totally appropriate as well - not obscenely short! I wish I could wear a bra with this one. 

 Silk Cargo Tank (Size XS) in Neon Persimmon
I could not even get the XS buttoned which is surprising because I always take an XS at Madewell. Soooo tight. It's an adorable little blouse and comes in an array of lovely colors. Would need to size up at least one size.

I've tried these on before. Just wanted to reconfirm how much I love them. So slimming and the perfect dark color (light in real life). Highly recommend madewell's denim - no gapping at waist, nice shape, good amount of stretch.

 Heathered Linen Pocket Tank (XS) in heather medium grey
I like these linen tanks. Easy, breezy, not terribly fitted. I don't know if it was the particular tank i picked up but the heathered one felt significantly bigger than the plain colored ones.

 Linen Pocket Tank (XS) in Electric Violet
Nothing to get super excited about but I do love that it's a linen and fits in a relaxed way. Even with the 20% off tees they were offering so I thought it was a little pricey so I held off.

I have a few more Madewell reviews coming including the striped tee dress which is super cute.

Will you buy anything with the current 20% off sale promo?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reviews. I saw the embroidered shirt in store yesterday, and thought it was so pretty, but I did not have time to try it on. I will be keeping my eye out for a promo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very pretty. A nice way to dress up a tank. In general, Madewell is looking pretty good these days!

      Delete
  2. I like the first tank. Very pretty. I didn't notice any bubble butt. That dress is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - thanks! I'm very self-conscious about bubble butt :)

      Delete
  3. Love that first shirt! I wanted the Afternoon Dress in fresh blueberry but it sold out online.. not sure if it's sold out in store yet. Do you know?

    ReplyDelete