Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Madewell Reviews Part II: Lace Refined Tee, Anthem Long-Sleeve V-Neck Tee, Racerback Tank Top in Star Flurry, Feature Pullover Sweater

Lace Refined Tee (XS)


I really liked this one a lot. I was super excited that the front panel was lined but then noticed that the back wasn't! The length is spot on and it's just fitted enough. Just a lovely little lace tee at a very affordable price with the % off sale.
Ann Taylor has this nearly identical, adorable one on sale right now.
I also like this laid-back eyelet version. I guess it's more summery but I would consider layering it over a long-sleeved tee as well.
This Anthropologie one isn't all lace but comes in a lovely plum color and looks easy to wear.
Finally, love the pale blush color of this Ann Taylor one - really feminine without being frou frou. Plus extra 70% off right now!!!!

Anthem Long-Sleeve V-Neck Tee in Stripe (XS) in Dark Baltic
Me lovey the stripes! Irresistible. The fabric is very thin and drapey and I liked the stripes going in different directions. It is definitely oversized - I would have preferred an XXS. I did buy this J Crew one recently so maybe I need to quit my stripe obsession. Also like this one from the Gap, and this one too.

Ugh. I love racerback tops. They make your arms look super buff and your back look sexy. This one was adorable - the simple print was great. Unfortunately, they do not make good supportive racerback bras in my size - trust me, I've tried all of them - so I had to pass. Otherwise delightful and great at hiding my now-more-present-than-ever food baby.

Feature Pullover Sweater (XS) in Dusty Burgundy
Sort of has a waffle-henley texture. The knit felt quite thick and warm - a plus for New England. This is not a normal Madewell size XS - it ran small but I really liked that. Gave a nice shape. I just couldn't figure out the bottom. The crossover is so cute but it sort of hugged my hips and butt and I was afraid it would add weight in that area. I gave it a little stretch and it definitely fit much better.

Sad to see the 40% off and still didn't catch some of the items I was looking for, how about you?














1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reviews. Love the lace tee. I'd need a cami, though, to cover up in the back.
    Almost bought a few sale items, Soft Ribbed Beanie, Lapis Lariat necklace, but resisted. All that holiday gift buying has dampened my shopping mood.

    ReplyDelete