Friday, January 29, 2016

J. Crew Review: Belted Zip Trench Coat, Plush Fleece Excursion Vest, Sequin Fair Isle Sweater and Sleeveless Popover in Deco Floral

Belted Zip Trench Coat in Wool Melton (size 0) in Stable Brown

Ok, so I'm pretty sure this was a size 0 and it was pretty big. I felt like I wouldn't even be able to wear it open because it had such a flasher vibe. I own a wool trench coat from a few years ago and I love it. So chic and fitted. With the zipper and the belt this was awkward - and the belt felt cheap. The material did feel nice.

Plush Fleece Excursion Vest (XS)
This was super cozy but I just felt a bit silly in it. It's long - which I think is nice. My biggest complaint was the gold hardware - looked weird, and again, cheap. Otherwise so yummy.

Sequin Fair Isle Sweater (XXS) in Raisin Oatmeal
Too small of course. I did just end up buying this in my usual size XS. I really like the color combo and the clear sequins are really well done. It sort of surprises me that I like this but I do. I also really like that it is long enough! Nice length and fitted - not boxy at all. I will post some photos of the XS later.

Sweatshirt with Floral Applique (XXS)
Again, too small but I think it's pretty cute. the applique is adorable. It does run a bit short FYI.

Sleeveless Silk Popover in Deco Floral (Size 0)
I liked the fit on this one - take the smaller of your two sizes for sure. This print is not for me but I can see it being a great layering piece underneath a navy sweater or blazer or whatever suits your fancy.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment