Saturday, January 23, 2016

J. Crew Review: Lightweight Wool Jackie Cardigan, Cap-Sleeve Dress and Cashmere V-Neck Sweater

The clearance continues... and so does final sale so I am mostly holding tight instead of buying. There are a few items I'd like to try but I think I'll just wait until final sale goes away. I figure it will eventually and probably sooner rather than later. I got some gift cards for Christmas and did order a few things that I knew would fit. Got these for a great price - can't wait to wear them - and also got these in-store with the extra 50% off which brought them to a super price. Also got this lovely striped number which I adore. I like that it is more fitted.

Lightweight Wool Jackie Cardigan Sweater (size S) in Marled Azalea
I thought I would really like this one because it looked quite similar to the Tippi Cardigan (which I love as a dressier work cardigan) but it fit quite small. This is one size bigger than my usual cardigan size and it is still pretty snug (granted I usually size up in the cotton Jackie's as well). My real problem is how thin it was. You can see all the stripes of my tee shining through (and the buttons straining :) 

 Cap-Sleeve Dress in Italian Wool Crepe (size 0) in Black
 This is LOVELY. I mean so flattering and work appropriate and yet also date appropriate if you funk it up with some heels and jewelry. I usually take a size 2 in J Crew's most fitted dresses and I might need a 2 in this one. Ever since baby #2 I've had mama belly because of my umbilical hernia and the waistband did emphasize that a bit. Still, gorgeous. And a good price with the sale - $129.99 - 40%.
 I also like a few of Banana Republic's offerings - this sheath dress is super cute and this lightweight wool one looks flattering with the v-neck. Club Monaco also had a few cute cap-sleeve dresses: This looks so sleek and is an extra 30% off! Love this embellished one as well.

 Collection Cashmere V-Neck Sweater (S), Color TME
 I've been looking for a sweater in this color. It's so gorgeous. J Crew really does do color well - and thank heaven since a lot of other retailers are sticking to ALL neutrals. This sweater has so many bad reviews on line - too thin, pills easily - but I decided to risk it anyway. I think it's the perfect weight and very soft and again that color! I don't mind the low v-neck because I would wear a light tee underneath anyway. Tempted to get it in more colors.
I've never tried Boden's cashmere but I would trust their quality. Their version looks lovely and comes in a bevy of beautiful colors (including the blue melange which looks like a very similar color to the J Crew one I tried). This BR one comes in some lovely warm colors as well.

I've actually tired of pouring through the J Crew sale section. Are you waiting for any popbacks?


2 comments:

  1. I keep watching for the collarless leopard shirt to popback. Keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete