Thursday, January 21, 2016

J. Crew Reviews: Crystal Chandelier Necklace and Denim Front-Slit Skirt

Crystal Chandelier Necklace
I've been looking to grow my costume jewelry collection and thought I'd try something a bit bolder than my usual fare. It's nice. It's heavy, in a good way. I don't think I'm bold enough to wear something this big yet but overall I liked it. I'm also wearing Flannel Ex-Boyfriend Shirt in Bainbridge Plaid  (XS) from Madewell. I've been loving it. Just tomboyish enough and very cozy.

Denim Front-Slit Skirt (size 26)


 Ok. True confession time. I needed a "ride-along" so I could buy something else I wanted. This skirt on a tall model-esque 22 year old will be adorable. On 5'4" me, not so much. I know midi skirts are so in right now but the length is so terrible on me - cuts right off at the thickest part of the calf. I did like that this skirt was made of a fairly thick, stiffer than normal material. That sounds weird but it helped to hold everything in place. The lines are pretty flattering but I wish it were a little more tapered. For me, just too 90's. I did that once, can't go back!
If you're into this style, I think this Madewell one looks pretty cute. Lighter wash, straighter line. yes.
Or maybe this one by 7 for all Mankind? The slit goes pretty high which adds some much needed sex appeal.
Or just go full a-line and check out this little Free People number. Little bit of a 70's vibe.

Looking forward to seeing some new arrivals. What are you hoping to catch with the latest sale?

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh, I ordered this skirt and I'm the same height as you. I wonder if it could be hemmed without looking odd with the slit. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete