Monday, September 16, 2013

Anthropologie Reviews: At Dusk Dress, Gathered Sonata Dress, Elsa Peplum Dress, Taryn Crepe Shift, Sundrop Cargo Pants

Just a few quick ones from my most recent visit:

Elsa Peplum Dress (Small Petite) in Wine
Whenever I see a nice dress like this sized in S,M,L instead of numeric sizes, I know there is going to be a problem. I don't understand why you would make a beautiful lace (expensive) dress in alpha sizes. I'm pretty sure this was a Petite Small but it may have been an extra small. While I am short waisted, I think I would have preferred a regular XS. The color is lovely and I the sleeves are done just right. Unfortunately, I hate the peplum. It looks like some took the fabric and just sort of threw it on there. Way too much volume and totally disrupts the sleek line or an otherwise lovely dress.

This was on the sale rack so I thought I would give it a go. It's fine but does nothing particularly interesting. I didn't really understand the two ties that went behind the back. Just felt off to me design-wise.

 Taryn Crepe Shift in Red Motif (size 0 or 2)
I tried this on before in the solid color. I like the print on the whoel but it is quite busy. It's a great throw and go work then cocktails dress. Pockets and 3/4 sleeves make it wearable most seasons. I wish the print were a bit more subtle.

 At Dusk Dress (size 2) in Pink
This dress fit like a glove and is quite charming. I'm not sure how I feel about this color - it's so sweet and pink ballerina that I think it may be a bit too young for me. The lace is beautiful to look at but didn't feel of particularly high quality to me - thus I couldn't believe the high price tag on this one. The fit is amazing - it felt like it was tailored for me. I also appreciate the modest length .

Sundrop Cargo Pants (size 6)
These are two sizes too big but I just wanted to try them on for fun. The print is fun and would work great with a nice solid colored tank on top. They are lightweight and floral without being in your face. Cute.

I haven't seen anything I have to have right now on Anthro's website but maybe I'm just shopped out. What have you been loving?

1 comment: