Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Anthropologie Review - Leifsdottir Blouse

My latest obsession is Leifsdottir. I do think that their clothing is overpriced but I love how unique it is! With a closet full of staples, it has been fun to add a little whimsy to my wardrobe. I first noticed this blouse on the sale rack at my local Anthropologie but they only had a size 2 left and I always have to size up in Leifsdottir clothes.

If anyone knows the name of this blouse I would be so appreciative!  Thanks to a comment form Stefanie over at Roxy's fabulous Effortless Anthropologie blog who let me know that this is the Striated Silk Blouse!

Leifsdottir Striated Silk Blouse size 4


Leifsdottir Blouse size 6 
I was in a rush when I spotted these in the sale section on a recent trip to NYC so I just grabbed both sizes. There isn't a huge amount of difference and both feel a little tight across the back but not much. The blouse is very loose and flowy but it drapes well thus avoiding the pregnant effect.

This is a close up of the lace detail. I think it is so interesting.

And the back... to die for. Clearly this needs a camisole (although if you have the ability to go braless I think that would be fine) or perhaps just a low cut black bra. Simple, elegant and a fun way to do a black blouse!

2 comments:

  1. It's all in the details- I adore those little brass buttons at the back! I don't always pay attention to Leifsdottir, because they don't tend to be cut for me (you need shoulders, for sure), but I did snag the Ottoman poppies dress after christmas!

    I would probably stick with the 4, because I find silk blouses pull more when they're oversized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input! I know, the brass buttons are great. Good for you for the Ottoman Poppies - I love that print and was really dying to own the blouse but I don't think it was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete