Thursday, January 23, 2014

J. Crew Review: Military Jacket

As usual, I was in J. Crew to do a return but I could resist scanning the sale racks just one last time since it was 50% off. My store randomly got a huge shipment from New York and there were so many lovely goodies to sort from including this little gem below which never came to the store originally:

Military Jacket in Heather Evergreen (size 0)

So darn cute. This is a size smaller than I usually take in shirts at J Crew but the S.A. liked it better on me since it's supposed to be a shrunken close fit. If you want it to fit more standard blazer I would definitely go with your regular size. It also comes in navy but the green on this jacket was just perfect. Please ignore the color in this picture, the color on the product page is quite accurate. I am normally not a fan of J Crew blazers - something about the way the jacket tapers in all the way instead of in at the waist and then slightly out - but this one is proportioned just right. The material is wool but has a lot of stretch to it which I loved. Looks dressy, feels comfortable. After 50% and educator it was $50.99.

Did you see this at your local store? What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks really cute on you! I'm pretty sure the sale section in my store is decimated at this point, but it's almost enough to tempt me to venture out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it's a pretty classic piece that I'll get a lot of use out of. Our sale section is finally dwindling too but there are still a few good bargains to be had.

      Delete
  2. That is so cute!!! I never saw this st our store either!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I know, I love it when I walk into the sale room and see cute surprises that were never even stocked at my local store.

      Delete