Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Anthropologie Reviews: Neve Peasant Top, AG Ballad Slim Boot,French Knot Cardigan, Brushstroke Blossoms Dress and Iridescence Shirt

I usually make a poor choice with my birthday discount so this year I decided to use it on an online order and try a bunch of stuff. Well, unfortunately most of that didn't work out either but I'm glad I tried! The biggest disappointment was ordering the Foxy Tights only to have the Chouette tights sent to me instead. Sadness. After all the post-holiday sales, I think I'm finally getting shopped out. Plus, with the cold weather, all I really want to wear is a sleeping bag. I didn't even take my parka off for part of my work day today. Brrr... Love looking ahead to spring... wishful thinking :)

Iridescence Shirt (XS)

 There were a lot of bad reviews for this but I don't think it's terrible. The main problem was that the hips were too tight. I'm not without hips but I rarely have this problem. The color is beautiful but the shirt just didn't lay correctly on my body. The neckline also rolled a bit. Overall felt a bit cheap but would be cute for a night out on the town... in a place with dark lighting.

 AG Ballad Slim Boot Jeans (size 26)

 This are ridiculously comfortable. Like wearing your favorite leggings comfortable (is it possible to have a favorite pair, or just a pair?). Because the material is so soft and forgiving, I don't feel like it holds me in as well as some of my other skinny jeans. Nonetheless, I think overall they are pretty slimming. I like the slight boot cut at the bottom - not too much but enough to differentiate them from the 10,000 pairs of skinny ankle jeans out there. Tall women will like these because they are quite long.

 I slapped on some heels so you could get the overall effect. There's my attempt at a sassy pose at the end of a very long day.

 Neve Peasant Top (XSPetite)

 Bummer. This is not something I ordered. It's so beautiful. Clearly you need a cami. The XSP still had a plenty of room in it so I imagine most people could size down on this. I don't know what it is but I found it to have just the right amount of romance to it. It draped quite elegantly on the body too.

 Brushstroke Blossoms Dress (size 2)
 This fits sooo well. TTS to slightly snug in the waist but wow - really cuts a flattering shape. I even liked the sequins and lace combo up top. I wish the print on the bottom was different. I don't mind how bold it is but the colors and the "brushstroke"-ness of the pattern are a little harsh to me. Reminds me of something you see when you look in a microscope. Angry little ebola viruses...

 Pockets! Divine. Please make this dress again with different colors and prints. (fat chance I know but a girl can ask)

 ?????
 I'm not even sure what you would call this or why I was compelled to try it on but I almost bought it. I love the colors and the very 70's macrame poncho vibe. Fun for the right outfit.

 French Knot Cardigan (XS)
A bit snug to be sure but I thought it would make a lovely cardigan over a dress for evening. Something a little fancier. The buttons are cute and the material is soft with a lot of stretch.

Draped Jersey Dress (XS) in Black

OK. So I don't have any pictures of this. I got this for $16 with my birthday discount. I'm not sure about it yet. It's super flimsy but it's very comfortable and easy to belt and perhaps good for maternity should I need that again.


How do you use your Birthday Discount?


1 comment:

  1. I was going to buy myself a new pair of jeans for my birthday this year so I might have to try out those AG's.
    I haven't used my birthday discount yet because it's not quite February yet, but I can't wait to find something pretty at Anthro. I might end up getting some jewelry though, especially since they have the Baublebar collaboration pieces in the store.

    ReplyDelete