Friday, September 9, 2011

J Crew Reviews - Liquid Silk Skirt, Jardin Skirt, Origami mini in peony, Vintage Cotton stripe shoulder-zip tee,





The last of my most recent trip. The store I went to was so well stocked and laid out. I actually had to sort of stand there and drink in all the color for a second.

Liquid Silk Skirt (size 4) in Bright Dahlia, Silkspun Sweater in Gatsby Green (XS) on sale for $39.99


The sweater was meh. It felt pretty cheap/basic and fit a bit big for an extra small. Did not feel like the 14 gauge knit of other JC sweaters I have. The skirt is lovely. I always size up with skirts that only fit at the waist because I am a little thicker there since baby arrived. It fits well, the material flows well and I love the color. I do not find it obnoxiously bright. I would pair it with a more neutral shirt/sweater for sure.

Jardin Skirt (size 4) in rich purple, Sequin Zig Zag Tank  (XS) in faded black


Barf and barf. I look like Cinderella but BEFORE the ball. Every time I see the Jardin Skirt in store, I avoid trying it on - and now I know why! It looks so adorable on other people but is not good for me. I have a curvy body and I just felt like I was wearing a wrinkled old bag. The tank runs HUGE. I'm not sure an XXS would even be small enough.



Love. Almost love together. If you are looking for a more fitted look on the tee, you could definitely size down. The tee is quite long, almost tunic-y, and would look great with super fitted pants (thinking of my Troupers in shadow). I had to size up twice for the skirt just like I did on the Toile one. I love this print but the silky material doesn't lay as nicely. If you walk it poufs out in front giving the appearance of man-bulge or very low-lying pregnancy. I didn't find this as much with the Jacquard one. The zip shirt is on my sale wishlist. We'll see if it makes it there.

Anyone else find luck with these items?

No comments:

Post a Comment