Saturday, June 29, 2013

Anthropologie Reviews: Tag Sale Finds

I have to remind myself every year - don't get too excited for the tag sale! I usually do much better just waiting for markdowns on some of my favorite pieces. Still, just the words "tag sale" draw me in like a moth to flame. Now, of course, I'm just waiting for an extra percent off so I can justify a few fun summer purchases. What's amazing to me is that the sale room at my local Anthro is really empty! This is bad news for extra discounts in the near future, but we'll see.

Songbird Dress (size 2)
When this first came out I loved it! Anything with birds - yes, please. When I saw that it was on sale for $39.95, I was shocked. The size 2 fit well in the waist and hips but the bodice was slightly big (which is odd since usually things are tight in the chest for me). The sleeves were also a little overly poufy for my taste. All these things could be forgiven but the polyester could not. It just felt cheap.

Here's another picture to show how the top is a bit off. If you look under my arms that is out to the side you can see the extra material.

Tisa Swing Dress (size 0)
I tried this on previously in a 2 and here it is in the 0. Not a huge difference but it felt a bit better under the arms. This is really an easy beautiful dress. So comfortable and yet doesn't look frumpy. I can't justify the $128 price tag right now but I'll definitely be keeping my out for a possible sale on this one.

 Macrame Day Dress (XS) in Blue
This dress seems to run a little big. You'll notice my bra is peeking out under the arms. The fit is definitely "relaxed" as it is shown in the product shot. It felt very comfortable and I like the little macrame detailing and the color. It's quite long so this is a dress for you taller ladies.

 Islington Pencil Dress (size XS) - previously reviewed here
This dress is very flattering and basically true to size, especially with all the stretch. I do think it looks a little cheap - a la Forever 21. I was really on the fence as it is marked down to $39.95 and the shape is super flattering.

 Unknown Blouse
Cuffed Twill Shorts (size 2) in Green
Can someone please help on the blouse name? I forgot to write down the name on the tag. I absolutely adored it. The gold sequin placket made it stand out and the pattern was really fun. Most of all, though, I loved the fit. Just skimming the body and the rayon-y material had a bit of give to it.
The shorts are so flattering. Long enough but not frumpy and the fit is spot on. The minty green color is really fun. I think $50 is a lot for shorts but at least these are on the dressier side.

 Clover Valley Tunic (Size 2)
The print is so lovely and the neckline sort of fun. I do not understand the ruffle at the bottom. Why, oh why, couldn't they make this just a regular sweet blouse with a great print and a fun neckline?

 Piped Silk Tank in Orange (size 2)
What a fun easy piece! Love the contrasting stripe down the back. Definitely more of a swing shape so very breezy for summer. Plus, who doesn't love silk? Runs slightly big.

 Spun Eyelet Blazer (size 4) by LeifNotes
This was clearly a random return. What an adorable, fun piece! I'm really loving all the eyelet this season and the feminine shape of this blazer is a nice complement to the feminine material. Reviews of this blazer mention tight arms but I didn't find that to be the case. This is one size up from my normal size which is often the case with Leifnotes or Leifsdottir.

Jukka Silk Blouse (XS)
This is a cute basic silk blouse. I do love the lace yoke. The fit is pretty boxy and oversized but it drapes pretty well. The color was not amazing on my skin and I just felt like it was a little too boring. Would look lovely tucked into a more interesting pencil skirt.

More reviews to come. What are you coveting from the Tag Sale?

1 comment:

  1. Anthro top: Patchwork Meadow Top, Style # 26597401

    ReplyDelete