Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Anthropologie Review - Dakota Dress

Oh how I wish this dress would make it to 2nd cut and I could find another one. It is so lovely but I'm really not used to paying $80 for a dress (which I know is ridiculous but one gets used to these super sales). I think I probably need to stop buying navy clothing items but I can't help it - like a moth to flame.

Dakota Dress (size 4) from Anthropologie in Navy

The bi-level hem will not be for all but for a shorty like me, I like the short in front long in back. Plus I have a substantial rear so a little extra length in the back never hurts.

I... must....work... on ... my... posture.


The little sash that comes with it is darling. I am not usually a fan of girly bows at the waist but this has just enough menswear elements (nice collar, button front, striped sash) to not make it over the top. If you are busty definitely size up. Even if you are not busty I think sizing up is important. Granted my waist is not what it used to be but this dress fits PERFECTLY, and by perfectly I mean I'm not sure I should gain an ounce if I want to wear it. I would have loved to have tried on the size 6 to compare but it is sold out now (normally I am a 2 in just about everything Anthro/JC).

I like this dress because it is a fun twist on a shirtdress and work appropriate for my lifestyle. Neckline is just low enough to be flattering without revealing too much and same with the hemline. The top button does seem prone to popping open but I may just add a little hook and eye or something.

Anyone else own this dress?


3 comments:

  1. I see why you like that dress. It looks great on you and I love the hem. Super cute with the yellow shoes. I hope you find one on super sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maryeb! It is really cute! I"m glad you like the hem as I know many do not love the whole hi-lo thing. I did reorder it in a size 6 just in case I liked the extra breathing room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute dress. I love the bow.

    ReplyDelete