Friday, February 24, 2012

J. Crew Stripe Sweater Dress Review

I finally snagged this in an XX-small the other day. Was a little nervous about fit since I had only tried on the XS which looked fine. This is such a cute comfy little dress - and super warm! It does make me feel a bit 80's-ish in it but I still think I'll get a lot of use out of it.

J. Crew Blythe Blouse in Extravagant Green (size 2)
Boden Leggings
Born Boots (not sure of name)



I wanted to toughen it up a little bit so I wore it with my "biker boots" - which by the way I got for a steal at Marshalls (Born on clearance!). The dress is definitely a little bit itchy so I threw on the Blythe Blouse underneath. If I put on my dress boots or heels I think this would definitely be okay for work (granted I work in a fairly casual environment).

The nice thing about the wide neckline is you can put anything underneath for a pop of color. I like the way the rusty orange color works with the green. The necklace is from Boden, Winter 2010. It's gorgeous. The dress sort of begs for a big fancy necklace or scarf.

Definitely doesn't hide any of your curves. It's a lot of info but I think it will stretch as I wear it.

I should have put on hose or something but I actually love it on its own. If it wasn't itchy I could do that but you do at least need a slip underneath.

I have to admit - I got the button-down shirt underneath idea from A Trail of Sequins. See how cute it is on her here

Anyone else have some styling ideas?

4 comments:

  1. I did it exactly how J.Crew styled it here: http://ohwelltatslife.blogspot.com/2012/02/best-blingiest-shoes-ever.html

    Enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it with the leopard pumps- man, is there anything that stripes don't work with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear my sweater dresses with the minnie pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the dress with the button down underneath. I'll have to try that- I have the dress in my closet and I haven't worn it much!
    Amy @ http://shopmycloset-amy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete