Sunday, November 15, 2015

J. Crew Review: Campbell Blazer, Perfect Shirt in Stewart Plaid and others

New arrivals are here and they are altogether pretty darn cute. I still don't understand what is going on with pants at JCrew - I really wish they would bring back the cafe capri (not updated please) and the andie chino but... I'm loving all the plaids. I am a total plaid addict and there are some cute ones right now. I love the Ridge Plaid - reminds me of a plaid they put out about 5 (?) years ago that I never added to my closet. Also wish I had been able to try the already sold out Black Watch Tuxedo Pant.  I'm trying to mostly resist until after Christmas sales (boy that seems a long time off) but I'm enjoying making spending plans :)

 Collection Featherweight Cashmere Long-Sleeve T-Shirt (XS)
The online reviews say this Cashmere T is itchy but I didn't find that to be case at all and I'm pretty sensitive to sweaters. It is really thin but I expected that since it is called a t-shirt. It definitely runs SMALL. I would size up at least one size. Nice 3/4 sleeves. Felt dressy and polished. And on sale. I'm wearing it with the Zip Mini Skirt in Windowpane Jacquard which I will review shortly (size 2).

Sweatshirt with Side Slits (XS)

This also ran small. While I liked that it gave me a nice shape I felt like it looks funny for a sweatshirt to be so tight. I think I would prefer a size small. The side slits seem a little high but I think this would be better in the bigger size. I found this cute little one at JC Penney for only $26. I like the look of it for running to the gym.

 Perfect Shirt in Stewart Plaid (size 2)
I own the original of this but I think this one is slightly more vibrant in the color department. It is such a lovely plaid and I will say that I've worn my old version constantly. When I was in the store, there were 2 other women trying it own and both ended up buying it. It felt that it was a little snug in my usual size 2.

Solid V-neck Cardigan Sweater (XXS) in Midnight
Oh how I wish this were longer. I love the merino knit, the color, the placement of the v-neck, but it's just too short. Granted this is a size smaller than my usual size (only one I could find) but even an XS would be a bit short. I prefer things hitting at least at the hip.

Campbell Blazer in Blue Herringbone (Size 2)
The herringbone fabric is so beautiful. I'm not loving the single gold button or the fit though. I love the idea of a blazer but feel like they always make me look a bit brawny on top. Too much shoulder even though I'm not very broad-shouldered at all. Maybe a petite would be better? Or maybe something more fitted like this. If only it was in my budget...And, I never shop at LLBean but this blazer looks so nice - very fitted and classic.

Have some more reviews coming up... will try to post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment